Sports Injury Treatment – What You Can Do
The worst part about training and games, is probably being so sore that you can barely walk the next day. There’s no way around feeling a little soreness and getting a sports injury once and a while. That’s just something that comes with being active. But thanks to sports injury treatment options, your pains don have to keep you on the sidelines. Whether you’re an athlete or simply staying active with exercise, injuries are always bound to happen.
The first thing to know is to never try to “work through” the pain of a sports injury. Stop playing or exercising when you feel any major pain. Some injuries should be seen by a doctor right away. Others you can treat yourself with a few effective home treatments.
Call a doctor when:
- The injury causes major pain, swelling, or numbness
- You can’t put any weight on the hurt area
- An old injury hurts, swells or aches
- The joint doesn’t feel normal or stable
If you don’t have any of the above signs but want to feel some relief, you can treat your injury from home. If the pain or other symptoms get worse, you should call your doctor. Use the RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation) method to relieve pain, reduce swelling, and allow for quicker healing. Follow these four steps right after the injury occurs or within the fist 48 hours:
Reduce physical activities. If you’ve injured your foot, ankle, or knee, take all weight off that leg.
Put an ice pack on the injured area for 20 minutes throughout the day. Make sure to only have the ice on the injury for 20 minutes at a time.
Use an elastic wrap, boot, air cast, or splint to reduce swelling. Ask your doctor which one is best for your injury.
Relax and put the injured area on a pillow, at a level above your heart, to help reduce swelling.
Other Sports Injury Treatment Options:
- Pain cream: Natural pain creams help heal damaged tissues and cells to eliminate pain. MYONATURAL was developed by health care professionals for sports injuries, workout enhancement, joint pain and stiffness, sore muscles, arthritis, back pain relief and more. Across the world, doctors, physicians, and even famous athletes such as New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady all use MYONATURAL for treating pain naturally.
- Immobilization: Slings, splints, casts, and leg immobilizers are used to immobilize sports injuries and keep the injury from getting worse.
- Surgery: In some cases, surgery is needed. Surgery can fix torn tendons and ligaments or put broken bones back in place. Most sports injuries don’t need surgery, so hopefully you are not one of the unlucky cases.
- Physical Therapy: Your doctor will want you to do therapy for your injury. This could include heat, masses, light exercises and more.
Order MyoNatural™ Online Today and Get Free Ground Shipping Throughout US and Canada!