Green tea is a type of tea that comes from the plant Camellia sinensis. Green tea, black tea, and oolong tea all of these come from the same plant but they are prepared by using different methods. Green tea also contains polyphenols. Green tea is originated from China, but now at present, its production has spread to many countries in East Asia. Green tea exists in various varieties. It has been found that using green tea regularly has possible health effects. Green tea is also used to improve the flow of our blood and to reduce our cholesterol level. It is also used to improve many health issues like high blood pressure and heart failure.
1. AMELIORATE BRAIN FUNCTION
Green tea contains an amino acid named L-theanine which helps to brush up brain functions by working collaboratively with caffeine. The meld of both of the two compounds L-theanine and caffeine helps to improve brain function. Green tea contains compounds that stimulate neurotransmitters to improve memory recall. Green tea contains less caffeine as compared to coffee.
2. ANTIOXIDANTS LOWER THE THREAT OF CANCERS
Green tea is very rich in antioxidants that help in the prevention of many ailments, including many cancers.
– Breast cancer: It has been found that women who drink green tea had approximately 30% less risk for developing breast cancer, which is one of the most common cancers in women.
– Prostate cancer: Men who drink green tea had a lower factor for developing prostate cancer. Many laboratory studies on certain constituents of green tea called polyphenols can vanquish prostate cancer activity.
– Colorectal cancer: It has been found that by drinking green tea the risk to develop colorectal cancer has been reduced by 23%. 3. Cushion brain from aging.
3. CUSHION FROM SKIN AGING
Green tea contains a very sturdy antioxidant known as EGCG that opposes DNA damage from UV rays which helps to prevent skin cancer. It means that it has an anti-aging component that conflicts with signs of aging.
4. CUSHION FROM BRAIN AGING
Green tea not only improves brain diseases but it also protects our brain as we age. The bioactive compounds present in green tea has many preservative effects on our brain. It has many preservative effects on neurons in test tubes, lowering the risk of dementia. The bioactive compounds in green tea may also protect the brain from aging.
5. DIMINISH BAD BREATH
Green tea is a very excellent remedy for bad breath. It also helps to cleanse bacteria from our mouth and also helps to remove toxins from our body. The catechins present in green tea reduce the growth of bacteria and thus it helps to reduce the breath smell.
6. HELPS IN WEIGHT LOSS
The catechin present in green tea also helps to lose belly fat. Green tea is very effective in weight loss and it also helps to make the body metabolism more systematic. It has antioxidant named catechin which boosts metabolism.